25 Apr Mezzanine Racking Guide
What Is A Pallet Rack Mezzanine?
Mezzanines utilize the vertical areas of a warehouse, potentially doubling workable space and increasing storage capacity for inventory or parts storage within an existing facility.
Where Are Mezzanines Best Used?
A mezzanine can have several functions, all while making the most of the available space. Mezzanines can be used in a multitude of environments, but offer excellent performance when used as:
- Multi-level pick modules
- Spare parts storage
- Warehouse offices
- Product storage
- Conveyor support
- Multi-level storage
Benefits of Mezzanines
Adding a mezzanine has several advantages for maximizing the available space — no matter the size of the warehouse. Instead of leasing extra space or redesigning the floor, consider the following benefits:
- Maximizes vertical space and cubic area of your facility
- Greater ROI as compared to renovation or expansion alternatives
- Create more storage space for inventory and parts
- Integration with warehouse automation and racking systems
- Increased surface area in your warehouse
- A mezzanine increases the amount of usable floor space to open up various possibilities, including more storage.
- Wider spaces can enable businesses to develop new processes, making their operations more efficient.
- Mezzanines are faster and more cost-effective to set up or take down than building an addition to an existing facility or moving the entire operation to a larger warehouse.
- A mezzanine can be used for anything, including additional office space, storage, or even a designated break room area.
What Are The Types of Mezzanines?
Mezzanines come in various shapes, sizes and forms to fit an operation’s specific needs. The most common mezzanine structures include the following:
These mezzanines add a whole new floor to an existing warehouse to utilize both spaces efficiently. Freestanding mezzanines can also be portable, allowing you to set up and take down the structure whenever needed.
Maximize pallet racks’ function and form a full storage area above them. Rack-supported mezzanines can also support a mezzanine floor for use as a catwalk.
Whatever storage or space requirement a facility has, a mezzanine can fit it. Customize mezzanine options to support unique goals.
Contact Twinlode Automation
If you still have questions about pallet racking mezzanines, contact our team of experts today and let us help!