Automatic guided vehicles are a specialized solution that can provide labor cost savings and increased efficiency. These systems are ideal for high-volume warehouse environments that move significant amounts of SKUs on a given day.
Automated Guided Vehicles can tow objects behind them in trailers to which they can autonomously attach, to move raw materials or finished product, or to store objects on a bed.
Automated Guided Vehicles are used in a variety of applications to transport many different types of material such as pallets, rolls, racks, carts, and containers. AGVs are typically used in applications where:
- Repetitive movement of materials over a distance
- Consistent delivery of stable loads
- Medium throughput/volume
- When on-time delivery is urgent and late deliveries are causing inefficiency
- Systems where tracking material is crucial
- Reduced labor costs
- Improved accuracy and efficiency
- Low investment and operating costs
- Optimum adaptation to dynamic logistics market requirements
- Maximum flexibility for warehouse picking
- Gentle and safe transport of diverse goods and load carriers
- Increased operating safety and improved working conditions
- Suitability for use in demanding environments
- The greatest flexibility in terms of system adaptations and expansions
AGVs are a preferred method of moving materials in the pharmaceutical industry because its movements are tracked, and it supports process validation.
AGVs move raw materials, deliver materials to curing storage warehouses, and provide transportation to other processing stations.
AGVs are often used in general manufacturing of products as they can typically be found delivering raw materials, transporting work-in process, moving finished goods, removing scrap materials, and supplying packaging materials.
AGV installations are useful in Power Train Plants and Assembly Plants to transport raw materials, deliver work-in process, and move finished goods. AGVs are also used to supply specialized tooling.
Food and beverage
AGVs are commonly used in food processing. AGVs can load trailers with finished goods, and unload to supply raw materials or packaging materials to the plant. AGVs can also store and retrieve pallets in the warehouse.
AGVs used in Warehouses and Distribution Centers logically move loads around the warehouses and prepare them for shipping/loading or receiving or move them from an induction conveyor to logical storage locations within the warehouse.